Most parents know childcare vouchers can be used for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers, but did you know you can use them for school-age children too?
Our vouchers are accepted by thousands of registered carers who look after children over the age of five. Why not ask your child's school if they accept childcare vouchers too?
Here are just a few ways you can continue to save money once your child starts school:
- 'wrap-around' care, such as breakfast and after-school clubs
- extra-curricular activities
- holiday clubs and schemes
- activity holiday companies, not limited to but including, Activity Sport, Barracudas, Camp Beaumont, XUK Activity and XUK Excel.
Qualifying Childcare offered by schools
Thanks to new legislation introduced in 2008*, schools that offer Qualifying Childcare can now accept childcare vouchers.
This can include activities such as music lessons and sports clubs, providing they are:
- invoiced separately to compulsory education fees
- taking place after school hours
- are not a part of the National Curriculum
- taking place on the premises that form part of the school’s annual inspection.
Save your childcare vouchers
If you don’t have regular childcare costs you can save up your vouchers throughout the year and use them when you need them most! This can be especially handy for activities and clubs during school holidays.
*In England and Wales only.